Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New Ideas, the good, the bad, and the ugly

So I think I had mentioned this in my previous post, but one of the things I have to do (and really love doing) is come up with really creative and really new ways to get our name out there.
A few weeks ago I had a call from a real estate agent who works for a fairly large eco-friendly construction company, he asked if I could come out to two of their open houses with some cars to help show off the complete green lifestyle the home buyers could have. Of course I said yes- it was free pr, and we have the same demographic. The first open house was more for the people who had worked on the 'micro-community' project, so there were a ton of people, a lot of them had questions but not so many were actually interested, oh well, it happens. The second part of it was at the same project, but strictly for public. I'm not kidding... 5 people showed up, one of whom was friends with the realtor. Sometimes these things work... other times, not so much.
We were invited to be sponsors in a golf tournament to benefit cancer research, so yesterday I headed up to Newcastle with a car and another guy from work, we plowed our way through the golf carts and made it to our post at hole #11. Again... lots of questions... but not so many people really interested, and on top of that, as I write this my arms are so disgustingly sunburned I feel like I need to shower with aloe- anybody able to hook me up with that?

The moral of the story is yes, you have to think outside the box, but you have to roll with the punches too.
Hey, at least I get to go away for the weeked.

Change the world, one car at a time...
Jen

No comments: